Numerous skin conditions are out there that can affect the human body. Some of them are only annoying while others pose a real risk. Many of them will require a visit to a dermatologist for comprehensive treatment.
- Acne: This is a common skin condition that most people will experience at some point in their lives. Although it is typically associated with teenagers, it is estimated that about 20 percent of adults will experience acne, too.
- Eczema: Eczema actually refers to an entire group of skin problems. All of them are categorized by inflammations or other irritations within the skin.
- Rosacea: This condition generally affects the face. It causes severe redness to occur on the forehead, cheeks or nose.
- Psoriasis: This can occur anywhere on the body. Thick red plaques develop that have a silver tinge to them. It causes extreme itching and can be rather painful.
- Cold sores: These are known to develop around the mouth. Most of the time, the dermatologist will need to prescribe a cream in order to make them less noticeable and cumbersome.
Some skin problems are chronic will others appear momentarily and then quickly go away. If you are concerned about your health for any reason, do not hesitate to call Spartanburg Dermatology & Skin Surgery Clinic, P.C. to learn more about dermatology.